Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Nursery is overflowing!

Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 - Sorry it's been a couple of weeks since the last post. The African Senegals are slowing down in their progress. The eldest baby turned 2 months old today! It is now up to 126 grams and its sibling is 119 grams. They're on 2 feedings a day, 10-15 cc's per feeding. We've started feeding them veggies which they're eating very well and offering them some Roudybush. I set them up in a cage this week which is new and kind of scary but they're learning to perch! I'm still waiting on DNA's to come back with their genders but hopefully soon the results will come in so we know what they are! I'm guessing that one is a boy and the other is a girl but I suppose we'll see. They spent a short amount of time in a play bin today which was equally as scary as the cage but they did just fine. The older baby was playing with a foot toy in the play bin. Only a month left to go!

I am just swimming in baby birds! I've never had this many birds at one time.
  • 2 African Senegals
  • 4 Sun Conures
  • 3 Crimson Bellied Conures
  • 6 Lovebirds
  • 15 Cockatiels
  • 1 Bourke Parakeet (expecting 3 more on Friday)
It's just unreal! I may be planning a trip up to Minnesota to take Hal to the Mayo Clinic in the near future and if I have this many babies, I might go crazy! Let alone not have enough room in my truck! I'll have to post pictures soon of all of the babies. I just can't believe how we ended up with so many this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment